Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to sync the CC text for pop-up

New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I am working on Adobe captivate 2019. I have multiples slides with pop up and unable to sync the CC text with audio for the particular pop up.

I have created the groups to show the pop up and used trigger to play the audio. There is no option to sync the CC text with audio.

If anyone have faced this problem or have any solution/suggestion please help me out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC text is part of the Captivate skin and will only sync with the audio applied to the slide timeline, not the Object Audio that is added to objects such as buttons, captions etc that appear on the timeline.

Captivate does not provide a default solution for synching CC text with Object Audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rod points out, the CC text which is synchronized with the audio needs the functionality of the timeline. At this moment the only audio type that is linked to the timeline is slide audio. It is possible to synch with text captions if object audio is fixed on the timeline, but not if you use it to be triggered by an event like is the case for a popup: in most instances the play head will be paused at that moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could always add a text caption to the popup group that simulates CC, as long as the text fits completely inside the caption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources