• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Publish to Devices option

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Captivate and have been trying to publish, in the guides it says to use Publish > Publish to Devices for LMS but the only option I have in the menu is Publish to Devices (App).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are in a non-responsive project, which means you don't have the option 'Publish to Devices' as first choice but 'Publish to Computer'. You need to choose that one. Which guide forgot to mention that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I was in the Publish Projects > Preview and Publish Responsive projects. I have never used Captivate. If you don't mind I am going to provide some additional information and if there is anything you can do to help I would greatly appreciate it!

A prior staff member had set up the videos for an LMS, that staff member is no longer here. I do have the files and am trying to fix them so that they can be viewed now that Adobe Flash player is no longer available. I thought maybe I could just do a save as but that doesn't seem to work. I am assuming that I have to republish them but I don't know what makes a project responsive.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? You are new to Captivate and are chareged with the difficult process of updating legacy courses so that they can be published to HTML5? Sorry, but that is really incomprehensible for me. I really feel very sorry for you.

Did they also require to make those projects responsive? That is another difficult process, please confirm and I hope that is NOT the case.

You  will need to open each non-responsive project. Use the HTML tracker under the Project menu to see which items are incompatible with HTML output. Those need to be replaced by another workflow. While you are doing that, test regularly with Preview, HTML in Browser (F11). Do not use one of the other Preview methods. Test in multiple browsers. When all works fine in Preview, check the Reporting section under Quiz Preferences. It needs to be turned on (hopefully with correct setup). Now you can publish to HTML. You will get a zipped folder which can be directly uploaded to the LMS. That zipped folder is called a SCO.

If you need a responsive project, please plead with your manager. That means in most cases restart from scratch because you need to set up either Fluid Boxes or Breakpoinit views before getting objects into the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I knew it wasn't going to be as simple as they thought it was going to be. I will let them know all the steps that it requires and hopefully they will  make a different decision!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need more information, this was only a short summary.

I have some blogs about possible alternative workflows for the SWF-HTML update. However the convertion from non-responsive to responsive is something different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources