Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No response when I click on 360 hotspots

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm the lucky owner of a 360 camera. But in Captivate I have a little issue getting it to work properly on LMS-servers and Chrome generally.

When I upload my project to our LMS or SCORM Cloud there is no response when I click on the hotspots on a 360 photo no matter which browser. When I preview it in Captivate there is no problem running it in either Chrome or Firefox.

When I export and run the project locally, the hotspots only react in Firefox.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Jacob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm

THREE.ImageUtils.loadTexture is being deprecated. Use THREE.TextureLoader() instead.

Seems that there are some call back errors with the js?

Am I right?

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, too.  Preview using HTML5 Browser from within Captivate allows the hotspot (set to continue, jump to slide, etc.) to function.  But playback of the published to computer version (pubbed as HTML5) in either Chrome or Edge does not work - the hotspot is non-functional.  Something isn't getting translated into the published version, I think.  Edge should work, at least, since the Preview in Captivate is using Edge to playback, in my case.  My Chrome and Edge browser versions are very up-to-date.  I downloaded and installed the first update to Captivate 2019, as well.  I need the hotspots to work, else there is little use for them for our learners from the LMS.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test the published file after uploading to a LMS or webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the published file (zipped first, then unzipped to a folder, then launched using the index file) did not work locally in Edge, Chrome.  Nor did the file play the hotspot from Cornerstone LMS.  If it won't work locally, it probably won't work from the LMS either.

I have not tried pubbing without zipping, but I will do that next, to be sure it isn't something in the zipping process.  I saw something about not using the scalable switch also, because of some problem with the active hotspot location misregistered with the hotspot icon, but we absolutely must use scalable, because of the various sizes of our viewing devices and viewing full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's the answer!!!  It is NOT a problem with the Zipping process.  Indeed, I confirmed it is a problem with using the "Scalable" switch in the publishing process.  Uncheck this switch, and the Hotspots function locally, and I presume also in the LMS.  Please fix this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered from my phone, but see now (at desktop again) that it didn't get through. I asked if you had the option 'Rescalable HTML ' checked in the Publishing dialog box.  That seems to have been the case. Don't know if you can consider this to be a bug, but there should be a warning when overlays are used as is the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Perhaps the hotspot is not an actual object, but just a pic blended with the background? Scalable or not, the very expectation presented by the visible hotspot is that you should be able to click it, right? If it doesn't work, then the hotspot is falsely advertising an active clickable spot, no matter what.  Indeed, this is a bug.  I don't want a warning not to use hotspots or not to use scalable, I just want it to work the way it seems that it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it will be more of an overlay, stacked on top (it is an interactive object) which is the reason it cannot be inserted in a fluid box neither. 

I agree that this should be made clear, and not left to discover by the developer.  You think it is a bug, please log it as bug in that case. I knew about this limitation, just like I know about the many limitations of fluid boxes (which are never mentoned neither). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being candid.  I will log it as a bug.  This is one that you will only discover through testing your published work - a good practice, unless you want to be thought of as a bad developer by your learner peers!  I edited my last comment, too.  Discovered that if you reply via email, your email signature becomes part of the post - yikes!  Don't need the phone calls or emails from the community.  Take care, all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a moderator I always take out email addresses, but there are more moderators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just ran into this same issue publishing a school VR tour.  Do you know if there has been any progress on fixing this bug? I'd like parents and students to use this on their mobile devices since that is the most likely device they would be using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm... are you sure that the mobile browser is capable of showing VR content? I am not convinced that is the case. Not a 'bug' in that case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources