Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No serial code for Adobe Captivate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are a studio who purchased the monthly subscription for Adobe Captivate but going on 3 months later and we still have not recived a serial number or activation code from Adobe. Apart from being able to use the Captivate software for the free trial period (30 days) we are not able to launch and use the app - even through we are being charged monthly for it. 

We have followed all the suggestions on how to find and view the serial code, but it is simply not there in our Adobe account page. Under the serial code tab it is blank. We have sent numerous messages and opened support tickets for this issue, but we have not even received an automated reply from Adobe and no one form Adobe has bothered to contact us to rectify this. Adobe are quite happy to take the studio's monthly subscription payment, but is not bothered in actually sending us the serial number or activation code so that we can use the app we are paying to use. 

If anyone can shed some light on how to access the serial number / activation code for Adobe Captivate or let us know how to actually contact someone at Adobe to help us with this then we will be very grateful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've notified a member of the Adobe team to reach out to you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

Thank you for your reply and help. A member of Adobe support did contact us and we have managed to sort out the issue and have been able to launch and use Adobe Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a serial number for a subscription license. Install the trial version and log in with the Adobe ID used for the purchase. Do not forget to log in to the CC app as well witht the same ID.

I have already answered this quesstion somewhere, some of the sentences are literally the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thank you for answering our question. Yes it was related to a login issue, however a member of Adobe support managed to walk us through the process and now we can launch and use the Captivate app. Fixing the issue inlcuded us having to log out of our Adobe account - log back into the account with our login details - and then click on the "Not your Adobe id?" link below the login panel and then login again from this link. Once that was done we were able to launch the app agian. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to happen more recently. I needed to ask a staff member multiple times. This is a common workflow, you'll need it also (sign out of CC and sign back in) if there are issues with the Adobe fonts in Captivate. Wondering if it was also the case for the other users. Thanks for giving this feedback, Captivate staff is very quick to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the log-in log-out log-in suggestion and it seems to have worked after more than 3 tries. The message regarding number of days remaining for the trial version does not appear anymore. I will observe for the initial remaining trial days (4 days) if indeed the problem has been resolved. Thank you sogh43068696, SOHGroup, Lilybiri, and Paul for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same serial number/activation issue as sohg43068696. And I followed the same suggestions their group followed but to no avail. I only have a subscription to Captivate 2019 but I don't have one yet for CC. I would very much appreciate assistance from the community and Adobe. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having the sam problem loging in after 2 month. I also had the 30 day trail with no problems. I could not log in after the 30 day and my serial number area is also blank. Please assist .Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

I am assuming you have installed CP 2019 on Mac Catalina.

Can you please refer to the following article and see if that helps-

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/captivate/kb/activation-issues-macos-catalina.html

If the issue is still not fixed, please contact Adobe Captivate Support- 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources