Highlighted

No way to include new material in a cpvc file?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I created a video demo. I replayed the video demo file, realized I had missed some content and realized I needed to add it at a point in the middle of the cpvc file.

I cannot find a way to put the cursor in the timeline and add new content. That is correct, right? There's no way to do that.

Therefore, it seems I need to:

1. Split the cpvc file into two at the point where I need to add new content.
  2. Publish each half to .mp4.
  3. Record my new content in a third cpvc file and publish it to mp4.
  4. USE WINDOWS "PHOTO" application to combine the three mp4s into one complete mp4.

If there is a way to accomplish this simple task within Adobe Captivate, please tell me. I opened the Adobe Captivate Help and searched for "interpolate content into a video demo file" and got a grab bag of useless discussions.

Thanks.

--Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No way to include new material in a cpvc file?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I created a video demo. I replayed the video demo file, realized I had missed some content and realized I needed to add it at a point in the middle of the cpvc file.

I cannot find a way to put the cursor in the timeline and add new content. That is correct, right? There's no way to do that.

Therefore, it seems I need to:

1. Split the cpvc file into two at the point where I need to add new content.
  2. Publish each half to .mp4.
  3. Record my new content in a third cpvc file and publish it to mp4.
  4. USE WINDOWS "PHOTO" application to combine the three mp4s into one complete mp4.

If there is a way to accomplish this simple task within Adobe Captivate, please tell me. I opened the Adobe Captivate Help and searched for "interpolate content into a video demo file" and got a grab bag of useless discussions.

Thanks.

--Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always do the recording in small steps myself, certainly if I want to turn the video into an interactive video.

In your case try this workflow:

• In the editor move the playhead to the location where you want to insert a new clip.
  • Split the video, you end up with thwo video clips.
  • Move the second clip so that you make space for the new clip to be inserted
  • Use Insert, Video Recording and capture the new clip it will be added at the location of the playhead
  • To finish you can create transitions, add static objects, move back the previous second clip to match the end of the new clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri.

What are the exact steps to split the video, please? I searched for that and also got a hodgepodge of useless results.

Thanks very much for your help.

--Nancy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VideoDemo.png

In the editor, make sure you are not in Mouse editing mode. The Split button is dmmed when the playhead is at the start or the end for the timeline, but gets available when it is somewhere else.

Some more info about Video Demo's Timeline in:

Video Demo Timeline demystified (cpvc-project) - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting there.

Once I have split the video, if I attempt to move the right-hand clip as you suggest, I assume I only have to move it a few seconds along the timeline to make room for the new clip to be inserted. But, instead, the second clip instantly moves far along the timeline, to somewhere like 3:48 minutes away from the first. Then I have to manually pull it back into position close to the split. How do I control the movement of the clip?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0