• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object level audio not in sync

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I've created a course where one of the slides is a diagram that builds.  As the objects appear I have added a voice over which is attached to the object.  When I play the preview the slide and audio work fine.  If I export as a video the sound starts right from the first slide (the diagram is on slide 8).  When I upload it to our LMS (SuccessFactors) there is no sound at all.  Any ideas?  Should I have added the audio at slide level rather than object level?  This would be a challenge and is why I chose to add the voice over at object level so would really like to get it working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... did you post this as well in the elearning community? It seems I have already posted an answer to this question.

Play slide is NOT a preview method at all. If you want to see a Preview close to the final output you need to use F11 (Preeview HTML in Browser).

Audio clips, any type, need to be loaded On Enter of each slide. They can be big, and this is mostly the origin for lagging and failing synchronisation.  Look at the total size of all your clips on that slide...

When it is slide audio I recommend a short gap before and after the audio timeline:

GapAudio.png

Publishing to video instead of interactive HTML course can increase the problems. I would recommend to use slide audio.

Why it is not playing in your LMS is a mystery. Can yiu check it out on a webserver? It is not a SCO, you don't need a LMS for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, yes I've posted onto a few boards!!!!!

This is how my sound clips are, they are linked to object rather than separate as in your example

VicGood_0-1593598570434.png

Should I have done it differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources