Highlighted

Object visibility resets after relaunch even with bookmarking

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have SmartShapes as buttons that hide once selected and increment a variable by 1. This way, Captivate and the User know when they've selected all the buttons on the slide, a new button appears allowing them to proceed.

If the user exits the course partially through it, my LMS administrator is telling me that the selected/hidden buttons are becoming visible again on re-entry and has to start over. We would like the buttons to retain their visibility state (as well as the variable count). Is that possible?

The course has bookmarking enabled (that was by default, nothing I did) and is an HTML course. Is there something I am missing for this to be possible? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I saw I had "Send Tracking Data at End" in the quiz preferences on. I changed it back to Default template so it sends data on every slide. We noticed that my variable DOES bookmark its count if you exit the course and re-enter. However, the object visibility does not retain still. Any help is greatly appreciated! Even if it is "Nope! Not possible!" lol Again, thank you in advance for any assistance!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by TLCMediaDesign | Adobe Community Professional

You would need to associate the visibility with variables for each, then on slide enter run an advanced action to sets the visibility based on the value of the variables. The onlyother way to do this would be to store variable values in localStorage with JavaScript, retrieve the localStorage and set the variables and visibility.

TOPICS
Advanced actions, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Object visibility resets after relaunch even with bookmarking

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have SmartShapes as buttons that hide once selected and increment a variable by 1. This way, Captivate and the User know when they've selected all the buttons on the slide, a new button appears allowing them to proceed.

If the user exits the course partially through it, my LMS administrator is telling me that the selected/hidden buttons are becoming visible again on re-entry and has to start over. We would like the buttons to retain their visibility state (as well as the variable count). Is that possible?

The course has bookmarking enabled (that was by default, nothing I did) and is an HTML course. Is there something I am missing for this to be possible? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I saw I had "Send Tracking Data at End" in the quiz preferences on. I changed it back to Default template so it sends data on every slide. We noticed that my variable DOES bookmark its count if you exit the course and re-enter. However, the object visibility does not retain still. Any help is greatly appreciated! Even if it is "Nope! Not possible!" lol Again, thank you in advance for any assistance!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by TLCMediaDesign | Adobe Community Professional

You would need to associate the visibility with variables for each, then on slide enter run an advanced action to sets the visibility based on the value of the variables. The onlyother way to do this would be to store variable values in localStorage with JavaScript, retrieve the localStorage and set the variables and visibility.

TOPICS
Advanced actions, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That makes sense. I'll give that a go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0