Highlighted

Objects in State View Distorting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Responsive project in Captivate 11.5, 2019 latest update.

I have a screen that lets the user choose from 1 of 5 business person images (avatars) to navigate thru the course. 

The next screen shows the avatar that the user picked.  I created 5 different states using five different images of business people (avatars).

When I change the pictures in the State view, they keep getting distored.  They get narrower or wider and they don't look correct. 

If they are unlocked from the fluid box, they work fine.  Once I put them in the fluid box some of them distort.

Thank you for your help!

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Objects in State View Distorting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Responsive project in Captivate 11.5, 2019 latest update.

I have a screen that lets the user choose from 1 of 5 business person images (avatars) to navigate thru the course. 

The next screen shows the avatar that the user picked.  I created 5 different states using five different images of business people (avatars).

When I change the pictures in the State view, they keep getting distored.  They get narrower or wider and they don't look correct. 

If they are unlocked from the fluid box, they work fine.  Once I put them in the fluid box some of them distort.

Thank you for your help!

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the result of the setup of the fluid box. Easiest way would be to edit the graphics so that they have exactly the same height and width.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try that an see if it works.  I got the images from the standard Captivate assets included with the program. 

Thanks,
Larry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did work, thanks! 

This might not be a question you can't answer, but why is it necessary to resize graphics that are included in the program?  That seems like a an extra step that takes more time.  The program should automatically size them for you if they are part of the Adobe Assets.  Just my $.02.  I have to use these characters later in the program and I will have to resize all of them...ugh.

Anyway, it's working now.  Have a good weekend!
Larry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is just because of the way you used them: as states in a multistate object in a fluid box.

You don't have to do this when you are not in a Fluid box, nor when you use them as individual images in a fluid box.  In a multistate object, if it is resied to the fluid box, and another state has another size, that second state needs to have the same size to avoid distortion. 

The characters are from the elearning Brothers site. They have all different sizes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I understand, that makes sense.  Thank you for clearing that up.  It's good to know that if I use them as individual images, I won't have to resize them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0