• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Captivate Files (*.cp)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some projects made in version 3 or 4 (in 2005) the new version 7 of Captivate does not recognise them.

Any Idea on how I can update them to a level that Captivate 7 can open them.

Thanks

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Hi there,

Captivate 7 cannot open .cp files.

You need to use one of these versions: Captivate 5, or 5.5 or 6, to open .cp files and convert them into .cptx, please let me know if you need the 30 days trial of any of these for conversions.

You need to launch Captivate (5, 5.5 and 6), click on file > open locate that .cp, and save that as .cptx, then that .cptx can be opened in Captivate 7.

You may face some issues with fonts and other settings, since newer versions of Captivate use different renderin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Captivate 7 cannot open .cp files.

You need to use one of these versions: Captivate 5, or 5.5 or 6, to open .cp files and convert them into .cptx, please let me know if you need the 30 days trial of any of these for conversions.

You need to launch Captivate (5, 5.5 and 6), click on file > open locate that .cp, and save that as .cptx, then that .cptx can be opened in Captivate 7.

You may face some issues with fonts and other settings, since newer versions of Captivate use different rendering techniques.

Note: Make a back up of you .cp files and then convert, because once converted into .cptx you will not be able to open that in Captivate 3 or 4.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I would need a trial version of Captivate 5, 5.5 or 6.

I work on Mac OS 10.6.8, so whatever version works on this OS I would gratefully have...

Where can I downlaod it from ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check your Private Message under this Forum account.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway I can get a trial version.  I am having the same problem.  I have captivate files created in version 3 that I now need to update in version 7.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I'm in the same situation with old .cp files.

Any way to get a trial version to get them to the point where i can open in version 9?

Thanks!! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varun,

I am having the same issue as the original forum post in this conversation. I have older Captivate projects with the file extension .cp and I am unable to open them on my machine using Captivate 7. I need to be able to open these projects in order to update the publishing settings and republish these older courses.

Please let me know if I can obtain a 30-day trial of Captivate 5, 5.5 or 6, since this is likely to be the solution I need in order to move forward with my work. My machine is running on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit OS.

Thank you kindly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please send an e-mail to tcssup@adobe.com under my attention.

Mention your serial key or Adobe ID for the version you own, and provide the details of your Operating system.

I will send you the download links for trial of prior Captivate version from which you can convert .cp to .cptx

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have CP files that need to opened however I have Captivate 9 installed. Any chance of getting Captivate 5 or 6 so I can convert it to cptx format?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a trial to captivate 6. We have some old .cp files and I need to convert them to Captivate 8, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a cp file I need to convert so I can open in Captivate 9.  Can I have a trial download of a version that can open it, so i can convert to cptx.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue needing to convert captivate v4 cp file so can be read by recent purchase of captivate 9. Why was such a conversion not built into later releases? Can I have details to download 5.5 trial version please. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try this link:

Adobe Captivate 5 Now Available For Instant Download! | ProDesignTools

But I sincerely doubt you will be able to get a useful upgrade. Those versions are so many years from each other, and almost everything has changed. Be aware that AS2 is not supported since CP5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why Adobe doesn't support or provide tools to convert older version to newer versions. It's extremely inconvenient to install an older version just to convert. It's really sad Adobe! Please do something to provide a better way or add what most software usually do, backward compatibility.

Now while we are at it, I need to do the same damn thing. Will an older version work besides the newer version? or will I have to once again setup newer version later?

Also, If I have to convert another old cp file one month later after the free trial is over, what do I do? Keep requesting on forums to give another free trial? or making older versions free makes more sense to you guys?

Let me know how Adobe plans to handle such situations so that I can plan accordingly.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have some older captivate 3 projects that have never been upgraded. I need to work on them. I personally have captivate 7 and 2017. My employer had captivate 6 - but no longer has it available. Can I get a free trial version of captivate 6 in order to upgrade these older projects.

Thanks

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still possible to get a trial version? (5, 5.5, 6)

Thanks!

Wai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nott from Adobe, it supports only the last two versions.

Try ProDesignTools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Could I get a 30 day trial for Captivate 5? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleas write an email to tcssup@adobe.com requesting about the Captivate 5 trial.

Mention your subscription email or serial key for the version that you own.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem with .cp files. is there no other way to convert the files to work on captivate 7 or 8 without having to try and get a version of captivate 5?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am afraid there is no other way. The only way to convert .cp files to .cptx is download and install  30 day trial version of Captivate 5, 5.5 and/or 6.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Captivate 8 is only available on the adobe site, is there somewhere i can download a 30 day trial of captivate 5, 5.5 or 6 from?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe.com only current version is available for download.

Please contact us via chat or call support, while Logged onto Adobe.com, click on this link : https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CPTV_downloading-installing-setting-up_downloading-install... , then click on "still need help" you can then ask for download links and instructions to install prior version of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To download the older version of Captivate, Please visit Download Adobe Captivate

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I too need the trial version of Captivate 5, 5.5 or 6 to convert old C3 files.  We currently use Captivate 8.

Thanks,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources