Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On Enter Advanced Action and Buttons with Success function doesn't work

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019.   

I use some similar Slides in my project and it doenst work. 

I have 2 Objects (Shapes1 and Shape 2) on one Slide.

Shape 1 has a State, the State has a stroke. 

Shape 2 is hidden. Shape 1 has "On Success, show Shape 2"

So far so good. 

I added on the Slide itself  an "On Enter" advanced action. With a simple command. "Change State of Shape 1 to New State"

If i try to click Shape 1 it doesnt show Shape 2

do i miss something?

AdobeCaptivate_GQgDgntXQh.png

AdobeCaptivate_LSJ1mdx8mr.png

AdobeCaptivate_tk8TiNysWj.png

AdobeCaptivate_WXUR8IHSsI.png

    

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New to multistate objects and advanced actions? Maybe I have some issues with terminology, in that case I apologize. I understood:

1. You have a shape which is a multistate object, Normal state has no stroke, second state ' NewState1' has a black stroke.
  2. Shape 1 is defined as button? I am not sure at all, because I don't see the Properties, nor the default Rollover and Down state for Shape 1. You cannot click a shape which has not be defined as button.
  3. Shape 2: just a shape, but hidden in output.

You use an On Enter action to change the state of Shape 1 so that it shows the stroke. The playhead will remain at the first frame of that slide, because you didn't release it with a Continue command.

BTW which exact version do you use? Look under Help, About Captivate. Most recent version is 11.5.1.499.

If shape 1 is defined as a button it should have an action to be triggered on the Success event. That action can be a simple action 'Show Shape 2'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources