Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On Exit Change State to Completed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I suspect this can be answered by an expert quite quickly. On slide enter I want the custom toc button for each slide to change its state to visited and on exit I want the state to change to completed. I have created my states and put these commands in for the on enter/on exit actions. The state changes to visited on enter, but the state does not change to completed on exit. What am I doing wrong? The slides should remain paused until the user clicks next.

I really don't want to have to set up tracking variables like I have had to do for other modules which is incredibly tedious, so I would prefer if this can just be done through state changes and nothing else. I can't see why this wouldn't be possible, so please let me know how this is done. 

Thanks,

Reuben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The On Exit event is not to be trusted at all, because it happens after visiting the last frame. But you tell that you have a Next button, with a pausing point. That means that the last frame of the slide is NEVER visited, so the On Exit event never happens. You will have to trigger that state change with the Next button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was a quick reply, thanks!

I think it will have to be an advanced action on my next button to change the state and also go next like you say - why didn't I think of that!

Cheers,

Reuben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, it is a very simple action. Since you probably need that action on many slides, I recommend to use a shared action! 

Normally the Visited state doesn't need an action at all...if it is the InBuilt 'Visited' state. The 'Complete' state is probably a custom state. If you are able to just use 'Go to Next State' the shared action would need only one parameter. That should be 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources