Highlighted

On revisit, AA is not triggered

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is potentially a thing I am just not seeing but I have a slide with an AA that let´s you choose one of 3 options.

If the user clicks submit without choosing anything a box appears stating the they need to do so.

The other 2 states of the same box are for "correct" and "wrong" answer.

The problem is that when I go to the same slide again in the same visit the submit box never appears.
I guess because it has been answered and the state is retained.

Even though I have assigned the both "0" and "v_null" as a trial on Slideentry.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

On revisit, AA is not triggered

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is potentially a thing I am just not seeing but I have a slide with an AA that let´s you choose one of 3 options.

If the user clicks submit without choosing anything a box appears stating the they need to do so.

The other 2 states of the same box are for "correct" and "wrong" answer.

The problem is that when I go to the same slide again in the same visit the submit box never appears.
I guess because it has been answered and the state is retained.

Even though I have assigned the both "0" and "v_null" as a trial on Slideentry.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikolaus, have a couple of questions:

1. Can you please use the Preview feature to show a conditional action with all its features in one screenshot? Now I have to increase the size of each of the screenshots and try to 'stitch' them together in my mind. The Preview button is the arrow button in the top right control panel of the AA dialog box.
  2. You seem to have read my posts about Where is null, at least you are using the same name for the empty variable. Why do you give it such a specifi name? It is empty, can be used for any action, no need to make that label so specific.
  3. You talke about 'revisiting' the slide. The On Enter action (which you don't show, would like to see it) is only done when you really re-enter the slide. Is that the case? What do you reset in that case?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks!

2. Yes, I read your posts. I name them differently because there are many case studies in this module. Through Copy/paste there is also strange naming happening...

3. If you use the "go to previous slide" or TOC to go the same slide again. (Users wanting to rewatch etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out all the ELSE parts, please. It is very rare in a conditional action with multiple decisions to use the ELSE part, could lead to strange results. You have only 3 possible situations: empty, correctn or incorrect, not need for any ELSE part. 

Change the variable v_nul….. to the normal v_null. There is only one empty variable needed for everything. What you say about names when duplicating, is called 'intelligent naming'. Objects etc keep their original name but to make the name unique for the duplicate a number will be added. For the variable v_null, delete the number please. You seem to have copy/pasted a lot from the numbers. Be careful with that!

I still don't understand the revisit. Normally when clicking on a slide in the TOC, learner re-enters the slide, but if he clicks on the same slide as where he is, there is no re-enter. But that seems not possible since you Hide the TOC with the On Enter event, and I don't see a Show TOC command.

The first action is triggered by the Submit button with one attempt? What is the workflow to populate the variable 'casestudy....'? I see that you use the contain operator, so that means this var has either the word "correct" or the word "wrong" in its value?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

There is a open toc option in the navigation bar I made. Everything users jump it has to close hence the command.

There are three buttons each of which determines one state. Also they have to change the corresponding circle from empty to clicked.

Do I go about it the wrong way?
What changes once the slide is complete?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still do not see how the word 'correct' or 'wrong' is getting into the variables?

I see you are on a German version. It is possible to explain in German, which  I understand, but I will answer in English.

I would also like to see the Timeline, since you have so many interactive objects, not only on this slide but also from the navigation bar.

Did you ake out all the Pauses in the ELSE parts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A. I did take out all the pauses.

B. The "wrong"/"correct" is assigned through an AA for everyone of the 3 circles (=radio buttons) that you can click. I did not use the widget because it is crap!

You can see the condition in the preview above.

C. The navibar is on the first slide of the project and stays visible "for rest of project".

Regarding the timeline, I can´t seem to post images anymore which is odd even signing off and on again...

But there is not that much on there. There is just narration, then you get to see the 3 optional answers and the submit button.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for the timeline because I wanted to see the pausing points.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot upload images.There is a red box telling I might not be logged in which is not true. 

Might have to restart the computer...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I found the mistake!

As the slide had to be continuing after choosing the right answer I made the Submit button disappear with "hide".

Obviously it was still hidden on repeat viewings.

Just "show"ing it again upon exiting the slide did the trick.

Sorry Lieve, that one is on me...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to detect that, since the labeling was very complicated. 

OK, you figured it out!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0