• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One point each slide on multiple text entry box quiz?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making a quiz with multiple text entry boxes and one submit button. however, I need the whole slide to be scored only 1 point. The text entry boxes are scored individually, but I'd like the quiz to be scored per slide. Is this possible? if not, is there a possible workaround for this? I found something that uses a button for score report or something. I think it's from Lilybiri's blog if I can recall. but it doesn't work for me or I'm missing something in there. I still don't understand how widgets work, but I'll post that on another thread maybe later. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It woudl help if you mentioned which blog post you consulted?

If my memory is correct, I never wrote a post which explains your use case at all. I have a couple of blog posts explaining how to use multiple  TEB's with one Submit button, but each TEB had its score .

You may prefer to use Scrolling Text Interactions which are not interactive, cannot have a scored attached.  THey can have an associated variable. After submitting, you need  to check all the  variables. If all are correct you show a Continue button which has a score attached, if not you show a Continue button without a score I explained this technique in another blog post:

Report Custom Questions - part 2 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report Custom Questions - part 2 - Captivate blog

that was the blog I've been reading. well I think I'm missing something. I've been reading this also which solved my multiple TEB's problem before (Multiple TEB's - one Submit )

I tried this technique but it only works if the answers are correct, if incorrect/void, it gets stuck and doesn't move to the next slide.

on the other note, how does the Scrolling Text Interations work? Maybe I'll attach a picture later on what I've been working on and if there are other possible solutions. Thanks a lot! you and your blogs are a great help always!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been offering quite a lot of my expertise on my blog, thanks for the appreciation.

Both blogs should give you the answer to you use case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources