Highlighted

Online accessibility checker for Dyslexic people

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am not sure that this has been asked on this forum and it is something that we at my organisation NEED to know!

Does anyone out there know if there is some sort of FREE online accessibility checker to ensure that the colours we are using in our Captivate e-learning packages are compliant? This is primarily for people who are Dyslexic. Ideally we would like to produce a web-based version of one of our e-learning packages and test it online.

Does anyone know if there is a good online resource for this that is free?

Thanks

Keith

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Online accessibility checker for Dyslexic people

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am not sure that this has been asked on this forum and it is something that we at my organisation NEED to know!

Does anyone out there know if there is some sort of FREE online accessibility checker to ensure that the colours we are using in our Captivate e-learning packages are compliant? This is primarily for people who are Dyslexic. Ideally we would like to produce a web-based version of one of our e-learning packages and test it online.

Does anyone know if there is a good online resource for this that is free?

Thanks

Keith

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2019 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be confusing two different things.

Dyslexia is a condition that makes it difficult for people to read and pronounce words accurately.  It has little to do with colours.

Dyslexia - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

On the other hand there are several different types of colour blindness that can make it difficult for learners viewing online content if the chosen colour scheme makes the text very difficult to see.

Facts About Color Blindness | National Eye Institute

There are quite a few websites that allow you to upload screenshots taken from a colourscheme and have those colours tested for accessibility.

Accessibility Basics: Testing Your Page For Color Blindness | CSS-Tricks

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/03/02/run-color-blindness-tests-on-your-websites/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 1