I am having problems opening a published project in chrome
when I open a HTML file, chrome starts downloading the file but not playing the content.
when I select open file, the result is a blank browser page.
I tried publishing in HTML% as well as Shockwave.
IE works fine.
AutoPlay is prohibited in Chrome. Do you not see a Play icon in the center?
Do not publish to SWF anymore, please, The dual publishing with the multiscreen.htm file is not working well anymore and SWF output soon will disappear totally with the EOL of the Flash player for webbrowsers.
I am publishing HTML5 only.
And there is noting on my browser indicating I can open content.
The browser only reports that the index.html file is downloaded tot my download directory.
To which folder are you publishing? Local testing can be sometimes a problem with HTML output which is meant to run from a webserver. Is it possible to upload to a webserver for testing?
The content is published on a webserver.
The problem starts when I (as a student) like to view the CBT.
At that moment a students starts the CBT it is not starting but only downloading the "index.html" file to the default download directory on the student laptop
You can test yourself click the link below (only the first couple of slides from a CBT) in Chrome and watch the result.
perform the same action in IE, it should open normally on IE
Off topic: 'bent u Nederlandstalig?
I checked the link with Chrome and did see this behavior indeed. But I had the same problem with Firefox and with Internet Explorer, contrary to what you say. It is impossible to open that site at all.
If you want, send me a link that published file, will try to upload to my domain to see what happens.
Do you mean sending the project file to you.
so you publish on your domain?
if so, I need your email or any other way to get the project over.
I am surprised that the file is not opening in IE, so far I have never encounter problems on that browser.
Try private message. Will give you email address.
Many thanks for your assistance so far, it looks like the message from TLCMediaDesign leads to a solution.
I need to team in my IT department and check if we need make changes on the Webserver settings.
Off topic: ja uit Nederland
Indeed, that is what I suspected and wanted to check it out on my server. Good luck!
Dacht wel - aan de naam te zien - dat je Nederlandstalig was (ik be Vlaming).
There is something wrong with the MIME types on your server. This is the error I get in Chrome
Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/octet-stream: "http://bnet2.nec-enterprise.com/training/test/index.html".
This is from the Request Header:
Many thanks I will contact my IT organization to check.
I will let you know the outcome.