• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay feature - I don't want it to pause the video

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the overlay feature except for one thing...the default behavior is to pause the video and blur the background. What I would like is for it to keep playing the video.

Is there a way of doing that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Maybe have a look at:

4 Tips for Interactive Video - Captivate blog

Here is a published Interactive video:

Custom Play/Pause button

Maybe you are using overlay slides for a totally different purpose than i do. Why would you want the video to continue playing in the background while the learner has focus on a Overlay Content or Quiz slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe have a look at:

4 Tips for Interactive Video - Captivate blog

Here is a published Interactive video:

Custom Play/Pause button

Maybe you are using overlay slides for a totally different purpose than i do. Why would you want the video to continue playing in the background while the learner has focus on a Overlay Content or Quiz slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lily, I found another way to do what I want. You are right about the right way to use an overlay.

Rookie mistake - I did what I wanted to do with text captions. I was having an issue with placing them where I wanted. Unlocking them from the fluid box solved my problem.

Thank you for the quick response. I am now going to create some overlay slides for their correct purpose:)

Chuck (*stumbling around since 1957*)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.... are you using an interactive video in a Fluid Boxes project? Not a good idea at all. Only slide video can be iused for ineractive video, and slide video can never be inserted in a fluid box. Maybe I wrote this in the blogs, don't remember. I know that the team always talks about both blank and responsive rpojects for both Interactive video and VR slides, but personally I would never use those two fatures in a fluid boxes project myself. Look at the sample file.... it is not responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! You say that you found out how to complete this - how did you do it without an overlay? I am looking to have the same action of a video playing in the background but an 'overlay' of text to pop up to show over. I want the video to look as though it does with a normal overlay slide, with lower opacity. Did you just add a shape with text over the video? How did you make the video lower opacity if it's a slide video. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, you need to put static objects on top of the video, and try to time them correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a bunch of already created slides and it would be so much easier to use them if we could overlay them and not pause. Yes we can do it the other way but it would save so much time if they could put a toggle switch that allowed the pause to not exist if you did not want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources