• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Partial Import when Importing Translated Captions

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After endless testing, I am asking for help.

I am unable to successfully import translated captions back into Captivate. The import process says it completes, though only <=20 elements are imported. I have tried different variations of the file. I started with a 3 page project (~10 elements) and it was okay. I slowly added pages/elements and it always stops at 19 or 20. There are no error messages. 

The import process was working last year- probably 2017 version.  I am using 2019, and just installed the latest update to see if the problem would resolve itself.  No luck.

Any ideas?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this workflow out and it seems to have worked flawlessly for me. One important thing to remember about this process is that while the captions are being translated you cannot work on the Captivate file. Any changes to the various text related objects in your project will make the caption file impossible to correctly import.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul.  Can you tell me the exact version of Captivate you are using?  No changes to the original Captivate file were made during my testing. I appreciate your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Captivate version 11.5.5.553 and Microsoft Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.13328.20262).

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That workflow has always been very tricky, sometimes working, sometimes not.  I have never been able to find the real cause, except when there is a real incompatibility between the Word version and Captivate version. It was more a trial/error: no editing of the CP and Word-names at all, trying with Word open, with Word closed. Sometimes when insisting it ends up working.  XML alternative is more stable, but perhaps not what you want to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you for the reply.  I would consider using XML if we have a clear process. As you know, XML is not easy on the "eye".  Do you have a recommendatiaon for an XML converter to help with visibility of the content?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources