• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Passing completion info to LMS - Captivate 9

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to send completion status for each user to the LMS. I have marked down in Captivate that they need to see 100% of the slides to be considered complete. But it doesn't appear from my imsmanifest.xml file that I have the correct coding to pass that info into the LMS. Am I reading the manifest file correctly? What SHOULD it say to transfer learner completion info?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsproject.org/xsd/imscp_rootv1p1p2 imscp_rootv1p1p2.xsd ht...<metadata><schema>ADL SCORM</schema><schemaversion>1.2</schemaversion><adlcp:location>metadata.xml</adlcp:location></metadata><organizations default="Course_ID1_ORG"><organization identifier="Course_ID1_ORG"><item identifier="SCO_ID1" identifierref="SCO_ID1_RES" isvisible="true"></item><metadata><schema>ADL SCORM</schema><schemaversion>1.2</schemaversion><adlcp:location>metadata.xml</adlcp:location></metadata></organization></organizations><resources><resource identifier="SCO_ID1_RES" adlcp:scormtype="sco" href="index_scorm.html" type="webcontent"><metadata><schema>ADL SCORM</schema><schemaversion>1.2</schemaversion><adlcp:location>metadata.xml</adlcp:location></metadata>

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just go to you quiz setting and select 100% of slides viewed?

There is no reason to edit an imsmanifest, all it is going to say is that the SCO will handle completion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried setting at 100% of slides viewed, but it is still not showing complete in the LMS.

Thanks for the info about the imsmanifest. It's always been a bit of a mystery to me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave is correct.  As long as you have your quiz reporting configuration set up correctly, you should not need to be editing the imsmanifest.xml file directly.

One of the problems with specifying 100% of slides viewed is that in many courses there are at least SOME slides that the learner is unlikely to visit, and this can result in the LMS not awarding completion.  Some users also deliberately try to "skip to the end" to shorten the time taken to complete the module, thereby missing slides.  Additionally, if your course module uses branching, this can often mean the learner would never visit all slides, so setting slide completion to 100% in that situation would be plainly ridiculous.

However, I have encountered situations where the client (or their LMS) demands that slide completion of 100% be awarded even though not all slides need to be visited.  Captivate provides no default way to achieve this. You can use JavaScript (if you're a programmer), or you can use a plugin like CpExtra to achieve the desired result.  Take a look at this page in the CpExtra Help files: 

https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/variables/command.html#xcmndcompleteslide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources