Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play-bar on Responsive project in LMS stuck

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Iv made a responsive project for the company i work for and when we upload the project into the LMS the play bar seems to stick in on place.

heres some images of what i mean

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 14.26.37.png

Here. this looks correct

but then when you scroll within the window this happens...

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 14.26.32.png

here is another example, the next arrow on the right moves when it has not been set to do so

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 14.28.09.png

Does anyone know why this happnes? it only seems to be when i make a responsive file

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out what you want to show with the screenshots.

Which version of Captivate are you using (full number please?). Are you talking about a responsive project created with Fluid Boxes or with Breakpoint Views? Could you post a screenshot of the Timeline panel for the slide where the playbar gets 'stuck'? Which theme are you using and which playbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019, its a responsive project with fluid boxes

In the screen shots the play doesnt move with the project

the first screen shot is how it is suppose to look

the second screen shot shows the playbar staying put and not moving with the rest of the project when the scroll bar is moved in the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i edited the playbar on skin editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check the version number under Help, About...? It should be 11.0.1.266. I still don't see what you call 'the progress bar'.  Which theme? Is this an original CP2019 fluid boxes theme or are you using an upgrade theme? The skin is part of the theme.

Playbar is not really meant to scrub the progress bar to navigate in the course. Especially with a fluid boxes workflow, where layoyt has to be controlled by Captivate, I would never recommend to include the progress bar at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the software today to this version

Okay, what im trying to ask is, is there a reason why when I move the scroll bar that the playbar/progress bar at the bottom of the screen, with the orange play button, does not move with the rest of the project?

"Playbar is not really meant to scrub the progress bar to navigate in the course. Especially with a fluid boxes workflow, where layoyt has to be controlled by Captivate, I would never recommend to include the progress bar at all."

what do you mean by 'scrub the progress bar'?

so, if we wanted a play pause button in a project, should we only insert this on a fluid box to avoid this for instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also the theme play bar is cpplaybarmobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not sure to understand fully, must be me. Sorry about that... I rarely use a playbar for many reasons, and certainly never in a responsive project with fluid boxes. Hope that someone else can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay thanks for trying anyway! im very new to the software so still learning

Can i ask why you dont use the playbar? can you sum it up for me if you can

would just like to know as much as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the most miportant reasons is that I dislike the progress bar. Since I rarely have a pure linear course, use lot of branching, that progress bar is just confusing.  For the buttons I largely prefer to create custom buttons, using the colors of the custom theme I am using. WIth shared actions it is a breeze to create toggle buttons.

You did see one of the problems between fluid boxes and the playbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources