• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play / Pause Video and javascript issue

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with a bunch of Videoclips.
I control them with a play and pause button
I also have another button that close down the video.

The Pause Button:
document.getElementsByTagName("video")[0].pause();
document.getElementsByTagName("video")[1].pause();

The Play Button:
document.getElementsByTagName("video")[0].play();
document.getElementsByTagName("video")[1].play();

The Close Button:
document.getElementsByTagName("video")[1].pause();
document.getElementsByTagName("video")[0].pause();
$('[id^=video_1]').hide()

The prpoblem with this scripts are that the Close button just pause the video and hide the layer.
When I then open another video and press play two videos will play. The new one and the one that I closed(hide and paused) by clicking the close button.

So is there a way to disable/close a layer to avoid this problem?

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your script is playing and pausing 2 videos at once. get a reference to each like so:

var vid_1 = document.getElementsByTagName("video")[0]
vid_1.pause();
var vid_2 = document.getElementsByTagName("video")[1]
vid_2.pause();

Then you'd  pause/play a specific video:

vid_1.pause();

vid_2.play();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might work. 
May I ask where/how I should ad this javascript. Really not that skilled when it comes to javascript :)
Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the only way to show and hide objects via javaScript is to use the Captivate method to do so.

cp.hide(captivateObjectName);

where captivateObjectName is the name you give it in the Captivate properties window. 

You can also use jQuery to select the object, like you are doing in your example. just put it inside the parenthesis.

cp.hide($('[id^=video_1]'));

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for all the replies.
But wont all this just do the exact same thing. Hide the video object but then when I press play again captivate will play all videos that have once been loaded but hide. If you understand 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never get in the way of JS experts, although often they seem to like to complicate workflows unnecessarily in my mind. 

Are you aware of the fact that you can have event videos (not slide video) in states of a multistate object? You would never have all videos play at once, since you can show only one state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once the user closes the video do they need to be able to access again on that slide, or during duration of project?  If not use $('[id^=video_1]').remove()  - That is jquery for remove that element from the DOM.  If you need something more custom or better than that, send me a private message and I will give you an email for me and will help you.....The use of the the javascript keyword 'this' would help to isolate your videos, but I could do it or show you how to do it much easier than trying to do a coding tutorial in forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources