• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playbar Disappears if HTML5 Content is Scaled too Much

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My playbar buttons are dissapearing when I scale the browser window to a large size.  The hand cursor still shows where the button should be.  Clicking it functions as anticipated.  It's just not visible.  The buttons reappear when I scale the browser window down.  The cutoff size seems to be around 1480x830.  Most of my users will not have a large external monitor, but if they do, they'll have an incredibly frustrating experience not knowing how to navigate forwards and backwards.  Any thoughts?  

I'm working in Captivate 7 with a project published in HTML5 with scalable content.  The playbar is set as overlay, bottom stretched, hidden in quiz.  I only have the forward and back buttons activated in this project. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not really answer to your question, but did you upgrade to 7.0.1.237? Check Help, About Captivate to see your version number. One of the fixed bugs has to do with scalable content in HTML5.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just checked.  That's the version I'm running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it do the same thing without the Playbar Overlay checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think to try that.  It behaves as expected without Playbar Overlay checked.  I suppose that could be a workaround if I changed my UI layout. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same version, and same problem. Has anyone found another solution for this question? I would like to fix this w/o having to do the playbar overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here we are in 2019 (using Captivate 2019), and I just found this problem the other day. I wrote up what worked for me on my blog. I had to enlist my former-web-guy husband to help me figure this out. This issue is a weird stylesheet one in our new HTML5 world (with big monitors).

I can recreate the problem on a scalable, HTML5, 1280x720 project on a 1920x1080 monitor. For me, the playbar disappeared if Chrome resized to larger than 1357px. Essentially, you add a line of code to the index.html file (or _scorm) that makes it work. Note, this also impacts closed captioning!

Remember, if this works for you, you'll need to re-add the line of code indicated every time you republish your file.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! This helped me!  Thank you! My playbar was disappearing, and not using an overlaid playbar would break my visual design. There is another thread discussing the same thing here and I will link to the solution on your blog. Strangely enough, the issue for me does not happen with the CC - just with the playbar. I'm happy for the fix, either way!

In the past I have been able to modify the files Captivate uses so a line of code I want to add can be 'baked in' every time, as opposed to having to make the change every.... time.... you... publish. I will have to refresh myself on that and see if I can get it to work. If so, I'll post. In the meantime, this is a workable solution. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources