Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playbar too high

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!!

I have programmed some of my slides to where the user has to click on actions and then the playbar appears (It is hidden until then). However, When the playbar does appear, it covers the bottom portioin of the slide. Has this happened to anyone else? any suggestions? It is covering words on some slides...

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playbar can be shown in overlay or not in overlay (which is the default). Apparently you changed to Overlay, probably to avoid the ugly gray border when the playbar is hidden. But logically in that case you need to have room for the playbar on those slides where you want to show it. Use a guide to mark the region to remain empty on those slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

So is there just a setting I can use to just have it in overlay? I don't care about the gray box. Kind of works with my design anyways 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just creating a screenshot. Can you mark the thread as solved by indicating a correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well.. I checked the playbarm overlay option but it still seems to be doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to be UNCHECKED as I wrote before.

Did you change the  width of the bottom border when Overlay is unchecked? Normally it is set by default to the height of the chosen playbar. 

Something seems definitely awry in your project. Can you explain how you 'prgrammed' the show.hide playbar as mentioned in the original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help so far,

Here is what my settings look like, but it is still doing it...2020-01-20_1135.png

I've never had this problem before so I dont know what happened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if there might be some confusion here.

Are you talking about the Playbar at the bottom of the screen or the Table of Contents that comes out from the left side of the screen?

Your screenshot shows the Playbar setting unchecked for Playbar Overlay, but there is another similar setting in the TOC settings that can make the TOC overlay the slide (as yours is doing) or else stay off to the left of the stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most definetly the play bar. 

Here is an example:

Here is before they click on the interaction with the playbar having to appear after.

2020-01-20_1132.png

And after they click on it... You can see the playbar hides the bottom of the slide instead of going underneath the content.

2020-01-20_1132_001.png

Does that help and make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Well if the Skin Editor option is NOT selected to have the playbar in overlay then it's weird that it's doing it anyway.  I haven't seen that issue myself before.  

Try using Lieve's suggestion regarding the Skin Editor > Borders settings to add a border at the bottom of the stage area. Something in the vicinity of 30 pixels would be a good test.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is greyed out since this is a responsive project....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh.  Responsive project.  That had not been mentioned before (as far as I can see).

Then I would suggest that you modify your Master Slides so that there is an empty Fluid Box right at the bottom which matches the heigh of your playbar (in pixels).  That box is basically just to reserve that area so that all content is sitting in the fluid boxes above it and therefore the playbar cannot obscure anything from view.

Personally I never use the TOC or Playbar on responsive projects because mobile device screens are already a tight fit for content.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have failed to mention that before. Thank you!! I will try that!

1. Most of this was what my client wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  Creating e-learning would be a LOT easier if it weren't for clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources