• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playbar

Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the playbar from Captivate's skin can you delay when the forward arrow goes live until after the narration is complete?  We don't want to put a different playbar within the slide area.

Thank you,

Susan

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

While I've never come up with a solution to your exact problem, you can hide and then show the playbar after a certain number of seconds using advanced actions. Here's a video I created on that procedure.

https://youtu.be/EejVsC9yxAY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible AFAIK. Maybe find a programmer to create a custom playbar for Captivate, but even then I doubt it, because the forcing time can be different on each slide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I've never come up with a solution to your exact problem, you can hide and then show the playbar after a certain number of seconds using advanced actions. Here's a video I created on that procedure.

https://youtu.be/EejVsC9yxAY

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Thank you.  I'm not sure if it was the referenced video or the one that played after it but it has worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad my video was able to help you, whichever one it was. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is entirely possible with JavaScript and have done it although I never use the playbar. It's best to use an external JS file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources