Highlighted

Please Help with Captivate 9 upload

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a powerpoint that I converted to a Captivate, it has 24 slides, along with voiceover, and is approximately 19 minutes long, it - no bells and whistles or moving pieces so to speak. I have been told my the administrator of the LMS system that we use that it won't upload due to the size, at first it wouldn't upload due to the fact that it was missing the imlmanifest and by watching youtube after youtube realized I had to go into settings and adjust Quiz so that Scorm was chosen so that settings weren't disabled, well I fixed that problem, now I have the error that its saying the file is too large to upload!  Can anyone please tell me how I can solve this problem? this project needs to get out and I am at my wits end- I know we all are- I tried to publish to video but that brought me to youtube which I don't want, I just want my plain old simple powerpoint turned into a Captivate 9 to be able to be uploade to LMS- anyone out there to help me or guide me?   Please? I am obviously not the most technologically savvy person - but will be by the time I am done with this! -KG 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please Help with Captivate 9 upload

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a powerpoint that I converted to a Captivate, it has 24 slides, along with voiceover, and is approximately 19 minutes long, it - no bells and whistles or moving pieces so to speak. I have been told my the administrator of the LMS system that we use that it won't upload due to the size, at first it wouldn't upload due to the fact that it was missing the imlmanifest and by watching youtube after youtube realized I had to go into settings and adjust Quiz so that Scorm was chosen so that settings weren't disabled, well I fixed that problem, now I have the error that its saying the file is too large to upload!  Can anyone please tell me how I can solve this problem? this project needs to get out and I am at my wits end- I know we all are- I tried to publish to video but that brought me to youtube which I don't want, I just want my plain old simple powerpoint turned into a Captivate 9 to be able to be uploade to LMS- anyone out there to help me or guide me?   Please? I am obviously not the most technologically savvy person - but will be by the time I am done with this! -KG 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I guess my question is- is there anyway to make this smaller in order for it to be uploaded to LMS? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the total filesize of your output after publishing the project to HTML5?

Ask your LMS administrator what is the maximum allowed upload file size for your LMS.  In most cases it should be at least around 50-100 megabytes.  What is your LMS set to?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my response was to help in lowering the file size. When you import your Powerpoint file into captivate, it will then the be the size of the Powerpoint file AND the size of the Captivate file, which seems to be too large.

So my suggestion was to export each image and import the IMAGES ONLY into Captivate in order to decrease the file size.

hope it helps.

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

urgh, I feel you're pain. So it sounds like your project isnt doing so much. It sounds like it is basically Powerpoint loaded into Captivate with static screens? If it is static with no animation anyway, maybe you can just try exporting all the screens in Powerpoint (check out this quick video https://youtu.be/AQ_sonAPLs8

when you export you can create smaller files, and then import those into captivate. You can add buttons that advance to the next screen, copy and paste your quiz slide and you should have a working project, without powerpoint and smaller in file size. It's not perfect, but sounds like it can work.

hope that helps!
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all imported PPT slides are static in CP, because animations created in PPT will be mimicked which leads more to movie slides than static slides. In that case taking a static screenshot will not be of much help.  A better way is to unzip the PPT file, extract the useful assets, import them to a Project Library in a new Captivate project with the wanted size/resolution and start from scratch. Or use a PPT plugin instead of a full-featured eLearning authoring tool if you just want to convert a presentation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0