• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Position and Layout of Playbar are greyed out in Captivate 2017

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new project in Captivate 2017 and wanted to edit the play-bar.

But I saw that the Layout and Position options of the Play-bar are grayed out. It is locked at

Position : Bottom

Layout : Stretched

Hence I cannot move my play-bar around. I tried choosing all the default skins in Captivate 2017, but still these two options are grayed out. How do I make them editable?

Captivate_SkinIssue.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Not that I am aware of, since the playbar is programmed to adapt to the size of the screen. Only workaround is to get rid of the playbar and create custom navigation (which is mostly my approach). Most playbars are SWF-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you create a responsive project with FLuid Boxes? In that case you don't have control over the position/layout of the playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a responsive project, but with break-points. (without fluid boxes)

Kindly let me know if there's any way to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of, since the playbar is programmed to adapt to the size of the screen. Only workaround is to get rid of the playbar and create custom navigation (which is mostly my approach). Most playbars are SWF-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilibiri! As there is no known in-built Captivate workaround for this, I would go with your suggestion of creating a custom navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, may be the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources