• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to use branching based on results of a quiz?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very new to Captivate, so please forgive my ignorance. Is it possible to route users to different sections of content based on the results of a quiz? For example, I'd like to have a 100-question diagnostic quiz. If participants score below a threshold for a portion of the test (questions 1-10), is it possible to send them to a specific section of remedial content that addresses the content in those questions? Alternatively, if a particpants scores above the threshold for those questions, they would not be routed to the remedial content. Is such a thing possible? Does anyone have suggestions for being able to offer remedial content based on quiz results? Thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Branching , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  .. it is a "remediation" function.

Paul Wilson's video explains it better than me trying to type it. Search Paul Wilson Question REmediation.

This forum will not let me insert a link for some reason. Apologies ....... frustrated with this new forum. The old format was better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT a simple remediation question as exists in Captivate, sorry to disagree. Did you ever explore the Remeidation feature? First of all it allows to be sent to a content slide after having failed ONE question, not part of the quiz. Moreover the learner will get in a loop until he answers the question correcttly. I doubt that this is the goal of this question, or I must really totally misunderstand it.

If it was a complete quiz, not part of it, this would easily be done using the Quiz actions (have a blog post about that). But it is required for part of the quiz (10 questions).  Also I'm not sure that the remediation workflow which results in the learner having all questions where remediation is used, being answered correctly is the goal neither.

Can you confirm that you want the branching only after 10 questions, that you want a certain minimum score required for those questions, not a completely correct result? That you want this after several parts of the quiz? This would mean that you give the choice at the start of the course to navigate immediately to the quiz or do you want to visit first the contennt slides? Lot of questions.... last one is 'which version and OS do yu use)?

It is perfectly possible to insert a link. Here is a link to a reference document with all the articles I wrote about Quizzing:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/quiz-resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies. 

It is correct that I would like branching after only 10 questions with a minimum score that I set, not a completely correct result.

It might be better for me to describe what my goal is and see what kind of solution would be best.

I'm looking for a scenario where a student stats by taking a quiz. The quiz is comprised of different sections that each test a different competency. Based on their performance within each section, I would like for them to be routed to remedial content so that they have more practice with the competency they're doing poorly at. 

At the end of that process, they would take another quiz and be remediated again if needed.

Lieve - Thank you for the link. I'll look around your site to see if I can find related info. Looks like lots of good stuff there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intuition is correct. But you are a 'newbie', and this is not really stuff for newbies. May I recommend to split up the course, each with 10 questions, so that you can use the actions in Quiz Preferences, Pass/Fail to redirect to the content slides if the minimum passing score is not achieved?  If you really want to do this in one course, managing user variables and shared or advanced actions (eventually JS if you prefer) would be necessary. Personally I could realize this but have a lot of experience with advanced features of Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splitting up the course makes sense. Would that scenario require the course to be delivered via an LMS or could it still operate on a website without data reporting in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to setup Reporting. You could use a start course, whch has links to the different partial courses. Or just post all the courses on the website, maybe the sequence is not important? If you do not report the scores, you do not need to use a LMS. But of course you will have to manage access yourself, which is another feature of a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NOT ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources