• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint animation needs 2 clicks to complete?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A complete novice with Captivate so please bear with me!

I created a SCORM package from a Powerpoint presentation where one slide has separate animations on it - think of a Generation Game conveyor belt which will run when you first click on the Play button but then the secondary animations which run automatically in the original Powerpoint do not start in the SCORM package until you hit the Play button for the second time.

Is there a way to enable both animations to play in the SCORM package with just one click of the Play button please?

Does this even make sense?

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably has nothing to do with SCORM but everything to do with what these animations actually are.

Do you know if the animations in the PPT are animated GIFs or SWF files?  Do you have them separate to the PPT so that you can experiment with adding them on a new blank CPTX file to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply Rob.

What I thought were animations are actually individual pictures (not even sure how I identify picture names//type in Powerpoint) that seem to have a path assigned to move them left to right across the screen.

The (very crude) moving conveyor (that looks like a tank/caterpillar track) I have no idea where it came from, what it is etc. and again am unsure how to determine this from within Powerpoint.

I can copy the pictures and paste them somewhere else within Powerpoint or into Paint but can't paste the picture to a folder to determine exactly what it is.

I did look at the .zip file generated from Captivate in the vain hope that I might find the individual items listed but it looks to be all wrapped up in the Shockwave file.

I think I'd better give up as I can't give you any further info so can't really help myself let alone you and don't want to waste your time...

Thanks anyway.

-=Glyn=-

PS. I renamed the original .pptx into .zip and took a look inside the /ppt/media folder. It looks like the picture files are either .jpg or .png and the conveyor is a .gif so maybe an animated .gif if that might help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to take out the animated GIF and insert it directly in Captivate. Some GIF's may play well, other do not, depends how it was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply Lilybri.

The animated GIF (conveyor) does play automatically when uploaded to the LMS but the problem I have here is it takes a second click on the Play button before the jpg/png start their movement from left to right.

In Powerpoint when the slide opens the conveyor runs (like on the LMS) but it takes a second click on the Play button before the pictures start their movement.

I was wondering if it were possible for the SCORM package on the LMS to behave as the Powerpoint slide i.e. when clicking Play button the conveyor animation starts followed by the pictures moving left to right?

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I asked this yesterday, but don't see it in the thread: how is the animation triggered in PPT? Because if it needs a user click in PPT it is normal that same is needed in CP. Play button does the same as clicking on the slide, it releases the playhead.

Can you insert the animation in an 'empty' slide in CP to see if it starts automatically? Normal behavior in CP is that an animation starts automatically and cannot be paused by a pausing point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Lilybri,

The animation is triggered in PP just by accessing the slide during the presentation. I move from the previous slide onto this one and a short audio file is triggered, the conveyor starts moving and then the pictures start their animated path from left to right with no further input from me.

That's just what I want to happen in the LMS - when the user clicks the Play button the whole sequence starts automatically.

At the moment the first click first up the audio & starts the conveyor but then the Play button has to be pressed a second time for the pictures to do their stuff.

-=Glyn=-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to extract the GIF from the PPT and insert it in CP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience Lilybri!

No I didn't as the gif works as expected but please excuse my ignorance if I have misunderstood.

The GIF is fine...it is the jpg/png pictures that don't start automatically but only on a second press of the Play button.

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If one of your 'animations' is actually just a static image (e.g. a JPG) with motion path or movement done in PowerPoint, then that's not really an animation that is going to be transferred into Captivate and work exactly the same when you create a new CPTX from the PPT.

One thing you can do in PowerPoint to get the image files out of the PPT deck is to right click the image on the PowerPoint slide and then choose Save As Picture from the context menu.  If your 'animation IS indeed an animated GIF then you should be able to save it out as an image GIF file and then take a look at it using a web browser to view it.  The browser should then show you the animation.  If it's just a static image, not animated, then you won't see any movement.

It might also help if you could take a screen capture of what this slide and the objects look like in PPT and then in Captivate and then insert that capture as an image in a post here on the forum so that we can see what you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources