Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint animation on Captivate

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Collegues,

I am using adobe Captivate 2019. I am creating eLarning module with powerpoint presentations in which i have added animations and audio. I havce imported PPT with High Fidelity, Linked

when testing in browser these animations are not working and play takes  pause everytime.

Please suggest any setting is required for the same.

Thanks

Pankaj

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing , Import export , Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate does not import PowerPoint decks and still preserve all animations you may have set up in the original PPT deck.  That is the unfortunate truth of starting a Captivate e-learning course with a PowerPoint presentation.  You won't find this particular 'truth' advertised in the marketing blurb for Captivate, but it's a well-known fact among experienced Captivate developers.   There are no extra settings over and above the ones you have mentioned that will have the Captivate module look and work like your original PPT. 

One thing you CAN change however is the pausing behaviour.  When you import the PPT deck there is a setting that asks if you want the presentation to advance on click of a mouse.  If you leave that setting on then each slide will automatically have a Click Box added to pause the timeline.  So, if you just want the timeline to continue without pausing you need to disable that option, or else (if you have already imported the presentation) remove all of the click boxes from each slide.

You probably do NOT want to hear this, but the best way to create e-learning modules in Captivate is NOT to start with PPT but rather learn how to do everything with default Captivate objects.  You are really setting yourself up for a very limited learning experience if you start with PowerPoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources