• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPT 2013 Conversion: WMA Audio Files

Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I do a number of narrated PowerPoint conversions into SWF-created Captivate files.  With the recent upgrade to PowerPoint 2013 for Microsoft PCs, I've noticed that the narrated audio is no longer being converted on Captivate's end because it is WMA format.  Do you know of any setting within PowerPoint 2013 or Captivate that will allow WMA files to be allowed or converted to a whitelisted format?

Thanks,

~Kyle~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kyle,

Welcome to Adobe Forums!

I am afraid that you can only insert audio files with .wav and.mp3 extensions .

If you want to insert your .wma format files you can use Adobe Media Encoder to convert it to mp3 or .wav.

Adobe Media Encoder gets installed with Captivate.

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Satija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.  I must ask your team to consider plugging Captivate to allow for conversions of the new type of PowerPoint (2013), otherwise the program does lose some significant functionality for many academics who use it to make their lectures more widely accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources