Highlighted

Preloader showing the % or loading

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a pre-loader in Captivate that would show how many % is being currently loading?

One can make a pretty cool pre-loader in Adobe Animate but it is then exported as a GIF so there is no way to show the % loading.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RodWard | Adobe Community Professional

In the days when SWF preloaders were able to be used the AS3 code inside the SWF preloader file was able to do some calculation to determine the download percentage.  An animated GIF file does not have that ability.  So all you get with these GIF files is an animation.  If you wanted a readout percentage of the download, that would need to be done somehow in code.  I'm not sure if it's possible with client-side JS alone or whether it would require server-side scripting as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preloader showing the % or loading

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a pre-loader in Captivate that would show how many % is being currently loading?

One can make a pretty cool pre-loader in Adobe Animate but it is then exported as a GIF so there is no way to show the % loading.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by RodWard | Adobe Community Professional

In the days when SWF preloaders were able to be used the AS3 code inside the SWF preloader file was able to do some calculation to determine the download percentage.  An animated GIF file does not have that ability.  So all you get with these GIF files is an animation.  If you wanted a readout percentage of the download, that would need to be done somehow in code.  I'm not sure if it's possible with client-side JS alone or whether it would require server-side scripting as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the preloaders available with CP, they are all animated GIF's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 1
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve

I have checked them some time ago, but I do not remember seeing a pre-loader that would show the % of loaded course.

Have you seen something like that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 0
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a progress bar, not showing a number but pretty clear. Try creating an animated GIF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the ones that are stored here

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2017 x64\en_US\Gallery\Preloaders

There are also the fla files. But I do not see any that shows any graphical progress

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 0
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preloaders.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 1
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this one is only moving left and right

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 0
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be correct, that would mean that the name is bit confusing. Sorry, didn't test it out, but I see 'progress bar' and that is for me not something that is going left and right. My bad.... should have checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 2
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod

I thought so but wanted to confirm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed logical, thanks Rod.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 1