Highlighted

Presenter Video Express 2017 - Not loading due to 5GB requirement

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight, upon recommendation from my customer who needs video tutorials for software selloff, I downloaded PVE2017 to try the 30day trial to compare it to other screen capture and recording programs.  Sure glad I didn't buy it...

After installation, I get a single little pop-up stating:

'Insufficient disk space.  Ensure that the disk contains at least 5GB available and try again.'

I have a computer running 4 hard drives, the primary drive (C:\) is the only drive with less than 5GB.

My secondary SSD has 120GB remaining.  My tertiary SSD has 420GB remaining.  And I have a mass storage platter drive with 1.2TB.

The program doesn't even load to the point of allowing me to select an alternative location to do my recording and work.

In the days of multiple storage options, can't you at least give customers the ability to select another source, rather than fail outright and not even let the application load?  I would imagine that a company that does so much work with media, that you would understand how much room media requires, and make available as many options to the customer as would be available to them.  I can't at this point even get a glimpse of the user interface for the program.  If there is no alternative to this requirement, then I will uninstall and move along.

Topics

Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Presenter Video Express 2017 - Not loading due to 5GB requirement

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight, upon recommendation from my customer who needs video tutorials for software selloff, I downloaded PVE2017 to try the 30day trial to compare it to other screen capture and recording programs.  Sure glad I didn't buy it...

After installation, I get a single little pop-up stating:

'Insufficient disk space.  Ensure that the disk contains at least 5GB available and try again.'

I have a computer running 4 hard drives, the primary drive (C:\) is the only drive with less than 5GB.

My secondary SSD has 120GB remaining.  My tertiary SSD has 420GB remaining.  And I have a mass storage platter drive with 1.2TB.

The program doesn't even load to the point of allowing me to select an alternative location to do my recording and work.

In the days of multiple storage options, can't you at least give customers the ability to select another source, rather than fail outright and not even let the application load?  I would imagine that a company that does so much work with media, that you would understand how much room media requires, and make available as many options to the customer as would be available to them.  I can't at this point even get a glimpse of the user interface for the program.  If there is no alternative to this requirement, then I will uninstall and move along.

Topics

Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the bad experience - we will fix this in the next update to PVX. In the meantime, here is a quick workaround:

1. Create a file named lcdebughacks.txt located at C:\

2. Launch PVX. It should skip the hard disk check and go straight to launching the application.

On Windows, PVX by default stores projects in the C:\ drive, inside the user documents folder. If you would further like to change this default folder, then follow these steps:

1. Open the folder "%AppData%\..\Local\Adobe\" without quotes in explorer or the Run Dialog (Windows key + R).

2. Open the subfolder starting with "Presenter Video Express". If you are using PVX 2017, it will "Presenter Video Express 12.0"

3. Open the file "preferences.xml" in a text editor.

4. Look for the key "projectBasePath". Rename the path to a different drive. This will change the path at which PVX loads existing projects, and creates new ones.

5. If you would further like to change the path at which PVX publishes projects, look for the key "publishBasePath" and change this appropriately. You can also change this from the PVX application, by clicking on the gear icon in the top right of the title bar, and opening the Preferences dialog.

If at any point your "preferences.xml" gets corrupted, you can reset it to its default value by deleting it and re-launching PVX.

Please let us know if this helped, and if you have any more issues using PVX.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group