• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pretest in Captivate

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I created a pretest using the below link, However, although the command takes me back to the begining of the retest (since I failed), I am unable to answer it again. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39GwWqjDz4Q

Is this because I have given 1 attempt only? If I change this to infinate, It asks me to keep trying till I get it right on the same slide and not allow me to move next, this defeats the purpose of the whole branching. 

Any insights?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tutorial from 2012? 

I never use the Pretest because its use is so limited to very specific situations, and it is totally blocking all navigation (playbar and TOC). 

Pretest is meant to be in sequence at the start of the course. You have to edit the advanced action linked with it, to make a decision about what has to be done with the rest of the course. The Retake button which is meant only for real Quiz slides on Quiz level will not reset the answers. It may be the only quiz feature I never wrote about, and dropped almost immediately as being useful after its launch. 

Tell why you want this Pretest, which version you are using (Help, About Captivate) and if you want also normal quiz slides in the same project. The score of the Pretest, although stored in dedicated quizzing system variables, will never be reported to a LMS neither.

Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am using captivate 2019 version.

I wanted two levels of quiz in my project and hence explored the pretest (never tried this feature earlier) as the first level. 

Is it possible to have two levels of quiz using the graded quiz? Say answer 5 questions. only if you get this right then you have access to the second level. 

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been 5 releases under CP2019. That is why I pointed to find the complete number under Help, About Captivate.

There are a couple of ways. You will have to create some actions in both workflows I mention. Have been writing quite a lot about quizzes, but this situation is on my 'to do list'.

1. Use graded quiz slides for both.  That can lead to problems, because - evenif you take out the 'add to total' for some, not all quizzing system variables will be adapted to that situation.

2. Use the Knowledge Check slides. They do not have scoring by default, but you can create a user variable and with advanced/shared actions store the score in that user variable. This is my preferred workflow, because you will not have issues with the system variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Option 2 sounds good, but I am not aware how to enable this, would you have any documentation around it?

Using 11.5.1.499 Captivate 2019 version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I told, not exactly that use case.  Have tons of documentation on my blog, all for free. You got my instrcutions:

• Create a user variable
  • Use the Success event of the KC slide to increment that variable with the wanted score for that question
  • After the last KC slide use that variable which will have now the obtained score, in a conditional action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources