Highlighted

Pretest Jump to a slide after a question

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can I jump to a fixed slide in a pre-test for a correctly answered question? What is the variable?

thanks oneill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pretest Jump to a slide after a question

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can I jump to a fixed slide in a pre-test for a correctly answered question? What is the variable?

thanks oneill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the built in Pretest slides? They have very strict rules. Firs t of all they need to be in sequence at the start of the course All navigation will be disabled, by playbar or by using the TOC. After the Pretest an action is evaluated which allows you to define actions based on the result of the pretest. Look under Project, Advanced actions for the basic action which you can edit. You cannot have an action based on the result of one pretest slide, only of the complete retest. The results of the pretest are stored in system variables.

Look at the table in :

Discover/Use Captivate's System variables - Part 1 - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to cancel the pretest, I just want to insert a slide in between. The user should learn something about a topic, then the just beginner should be queried in a preliminary test question. Then he should learn something again and be queried again, until he has worked through the whole pre-test.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told in my previous anxwer First of all they need to be in sequence at the start of the course.

This means that you CANNOT insert content slides in between the pretest slides. Do not use Pretest slides for your use case but either Knowledge Check slides or normal quiz slides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 0