• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent imported slides (powerpoint) from advancing when clicking on screen

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a group of 60 slides from powerpoint (pptx 2013) into my Captivate 9, however, I've noticed that by doing this, slides advance when I click anywhere on the screen even if I deleted the clickbox that I thought triggered this action. What I did was to disable this action directly in powerpoint and I didn't click "high fidelity" when importing into captivate. Nevertheless, by not clicking "high fidelity", the fonts of some slides get changed, so I need to click it. So, my question is, is there any way in which I can prevent the slides from advancing and having high fidelity clicked at the same time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not repeat my criticsm of using PPT as start for an eLearning course. That import tries to mimick the ppt behavior as closely as possible. What were the other settings when importing the PPT slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri, I agree with you about the use of ppt as a start.

These are the other settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did set it up to 'Advance slide On mouse click'. If you choose the other option (auto) slides will play without needing any click, they will not advance to the next slide if you click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried the other way. I chose the auto option, and It indeed didn't stop, but I added a button that pauses the slide and triggers the "go to the next slide" action when clicked, but if I click any part of the screen, the slide still plays!, I've already checked and there's nothing (visible at least) on the slide that could possibly trigger the "continue" action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you put that next button on the blank master slide, which is used for imported PPT slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried putting it on the blank master slide I used for importing the ppt slides and also putting it on the slides once they were already imported and it behaves the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to keep the click box, but to edit its command to No action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and still the same, no action triggered but when clicking the screen, it plays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood that clicking the slide moved it to the next slide, but now yuo wrote " when clicking the screen, it plays."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, clicking the slide plays them when they're paused (and therefore they move to the next slide)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am confused.... what do you want to happen really,  and post a screenshot of the timeline, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources