• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preventing SCORM completion from uploading by learner selection

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several safety inductions that upload completion data after a quiz or on a % of slide views.

Our business has decided that they only want the induction to be recorded as complete if the learner also has a site walk, except when they are doing a refresher and are familiar with the site.

They want us to add a button where the user selects whether they need to have the site walk.  If this is selected, they want the completion record to be NOT uploaded but the learner is able to complete the course and print out a certificate.  They hand the certificate to their supervisor who manually updates the record after the site walk.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add an action in Captivate 2017 that will stop completion data from uploading but still allows the learner to complete the course?

Logically we should have two components to the course in the LMS to do this but our system is limited to one activity per course, so we need to be able to do it within the SCORM.

Any ideas - please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to do that with SCORM unless their supervisor has admin rights to the LMS and they manually mark the record as complete.

I find it hard to believe that the LMS only allows one activity per course. I don't know what you mean by "site  walk", but if it is another lesson of some sort, you should be able to package a course with two SCO's or lessons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I thought the same as well. Our LMS was set up with little consultation with the intent of being invisible to the learner.

A "Site Walk" is where the learner goes on a structured walk around the plant and equipment with their supervisor (usually)

Thanks for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to agree with Dave on this one.  I would be having the SiteWalk as a separate module of the course which they needed to open and mark as complete AFTER doing the supervised walk around the site.  You could include some quiz questions in this module that tested the learner on things that wold ONLY be knowable if they had already done the site walk, just to make sure they didn't try to mark it as complete without doing the walk.

It might be a nice idea to make the LMS invisible, and if all you had was a single module course that might (almost) be possible.  But for the use case you present, I think your LMS needs to be displaying a Table or Contents that allows the learner to see that there is more than one module component in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank Rod, agreed but not really achievable in our current system without considerable work.  It's on the list for the upgrade ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources