• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preventing submit on drag and drop.

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I prevent a drag and drop exercise from being submitted until all drag sources have been dragged?

Thanks for any help!

Ryan

- Captivate 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Forcing will be difficult, but you could use he object actions to track the number of drag actions and to show a message like:

"You have dragged x objects already, the goal is to drag y objects, please continue".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the user will drag and drap only one drag source, and then submit, and the answer will be marked as wrong simply because the user did not complete the exercise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to transmit the score to a LMS? It is not a Knowledge Check D&D slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

No, that is not necessary. But if I need to set it up as if the score would be transmitted to a LMS, I could... If that would help with my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The submit triggers one of two possible advanced actions based on whether or not their answer was correct or not. The problem is they can still submit before dragging or dropping both drag sources and they will get a "incorrect" feedback.  I just want to force them to drag both drag sources before they can submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forcing will be difficult, but you could use he object actions to track the number of drag actions and to show a message like:

"You have dragged x objects already, the goal is to drag y objects, please continue".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you or anyone else manage to get this sorted? I have the same problem. In the preview the drag and drop works but in Moodle (SCORM 1.2 or 2004) it submits and moves on after dragging just one item. I can't find any of the preference settings for this and I'm just using a basic drag and drop question page. It has worked for others using the same method but for this one project, it doesn't work. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your question is not the same as the original one in this thread, which is marked as answered. Can you read that original question: it is about preventing to use the Submit button before all drag actions have been performed.

Please, start a new thread to explai your problem. It would help if you add some screenshots and more details: did you perhaps use the object actions? Which version of Captivate do you use? Do you have the Submit button? Did you change the pausing point of the D&D slide in the Timing properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri. What did you mean by:
"but you could the object actions to track the number of drag actions and to show a message like:"
There appears to be a word missing in your explanation between "could" and "the".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, the verb 'use' is missing. Thanks for the comment, I edited the original reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources