Highlighted

Preview in browser not working - nor when published to a web server

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project has two pertinent slides. One includes buttons that execute Advanced Actions, and the other slide includes a number of objects including text, shapes, and clickboxes. Several Advanced Actions control a lot of logic that refreshes and changes the main slide. 

Clicking button A executes an Advanced Action to jump to the main slide, sets some variable values, and shows or hides about a dozen or so objects. But in HTML preview, or when launching from a web server, nothing happens when I click button A.

In regular non-HTML preview, everything works fine.

Is it possible that some complexity in the Advanced Actions are causing a problem?

What should I check in my browser settings - Chrome especially?

Testing in Firefox also did not work.

Any thoughts most appreciated.

-- Charlie

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview in browser not working - nor when published to a web server

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project has two pertinent slides. One includes buttons that execute Advanced Actions, and the other slide includes a number of objects including text, shapes, and clickboxes. Several Advanced Actions control a lot of logic that refreshes and changes the main slide. 

Clicking button A executes an Advanced Action to jump to the main slide, sets some variable values, and shows or hides about a dozen or so objects. But in HTML preview, or when launching from a web server, nothing happens when I click button A.

In regular non-HTML preview, everything works fine.

Is it possible that some complexity in the Advanced Actions are causing a problem?

What should I check in my browser settings - Chrome especially?

Testing in Firefox also did not work.

Any thoughts most appreciated.

-- Charlie

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I began disecting that Advanced action and found the problem, which as something to do with parsing double-quotes. That line reads:

Assign  |  v_sf_msg with ""ad" says/ad/"

Note that I entered that value as:

"ad" says /ad/

And the outer quotes were added by Captivate, which makes sense. When I removed my quotes and entered this:

ad says /ad/

Captivate added outer quotes like this:

"ad says /ad/"

That ran perfectly.  So, there is a parsing issue and I'll just work around that for now.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason I often replace literals by user variables with a default value. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0