• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Project / Browser or Mobile

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new blank responsive project which just has 1 slide in it.  I click on "Preview / PRoject" and get the attached error (anyone have any ideas)?

Previewing.png

Then - when i try view the project via mobile device i get this (yes, both mobile and desktop are connected to same router):

Mobile.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this error very regularly when working with Captivate and trying to preview in HTML5.  I do not know what causes it, but I usually am able to resolve it very easily by just going into Windows Settings and changing the Default App settings for whichever browser is assigned as my web browser. If it is set to Edge or IE, I change the default to Chrome and vice versa.  Even changing it to a different browser and then changing straight back to the previous default browser also seems to work.  However, your mileage may differ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod - neither works for me.  The QR scanner is correctly provided by Adobe, but on my Samsung S20 - the QR scanner opens the link but nothing is ever shown on screen - it remains a white screen for a while then the "check your internet connection" error appears...unfortunately I don't have another mobile phone to test with...ggrr!

--> Note: I can actually get project to run from web browser (achieved by shutting down Captivate and rebooting) - not sure that makes sense - but it worked.  I still can't preview on mobile device though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When using the QR code method to test on a mobile phone, you need to make sure that your computer and the mobile phone are both on the same WIRELESS network.  If your computer is not connected wirelessly, this may not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources