• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing quiz project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all. I'm a new Adobe Captivate user and I'm having problems previewing a quiz project. I'm getting the following error: Hmmm… can't reach this page
html5temp14232374726875pre’s server IP address could not be found.
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. I don't have a clue interpreting the error. Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do a Preview publish to HTML5 Captivate tries to create a temporary web server environment in which to run your project output.  That web environment is the html5temp14232374726875pre part of the error message.  The web browser is trying to resolve the web address to a specific IP address and is running into problems because it cannot find a web domain with that specific name.  That's why it throws ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.    

There are several reasons why this can happen but whenever it happens to me I am generally able to resolve it by just going into my Windows settings and changing the Default Application for HTML pages to a different browser.  If the current default browser is Microsoft Edge, I change it to Chrome, or vice versa.  I do not know WHY this fixes the issue, but it does.  The issue may later reappear and then you just change the default browser back again to reset things.

It would be lovely if someone inside the Adobe Captivate team were able to comment on this issue (it's very common) and explain why it happens, but they don't generally offer any help here on the forum.  We very much WANT them to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the assistance, RodWard. I tried changing the Default Application for HTML pages to Chrome and Firefox but unfortunately, getting the same error. Currently, I just have the slides in my project. I have the first slide as the beginning slide and trying to preview by selecting 'from this slide' option. Still at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to contact Adobe Support and get them involved.  This is just a user form, not Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting may vary depending on your Captivate version and release + OS. I'm using 2019 Release 11.5.5.553 on Windows 10 and this TS works for me.

1. Close Captivate first.

2. Open C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils

3. Then double click on clean preference win.bat

4. Relaunch and check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This started popping up more frequently for me lately. Usually restarting the computer would resolve it. However, my solution has been to stop previewing (HTML 5 in browser), and instead, I just publish to computer and open the resulting index_scorm.html file. 

Mark -

Mark_W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources