• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print button should dynamically pull course content into a readable PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new requirement in Captivate 2017, where I want the user to be able to generate a printable PDF file of the entire responsive HTML 5 course that he is currently viewing (by clicking on a customized Print Button).

i.e A Print button should dynamically pull course content into a readable PDF.

Is there any inbuilt tool / functionality through which we can achieve this?

I have seen tutorials where we can print a single slide by assigning javascript code to a button in advanced actions.

But is there any way to do so for an entire course?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

As Lieve has told you, Captivate does not offer this specific functionality, and I don't believe it ever will.

It does give you the option to generate a handout document that can show a screenshot of each slide with voiceover text below.  You might find that if you published such a document and cleaned it up somewhat, then converted it to PDF, you could then offer this as a downloadable file at some point in the course.  But it's certainly not going to be "dynamically pulling content from the cou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly not an Inbuilt functionality of Captivate.  Depending of course on the kind of project you are creating, this will not that simple. How will you cope with slides where a lot of interaction is present, giving control to the learner? What about branching, knowledge check slides, quiz slides, video and audio on slides? Maybe my mind is bit distorted but where I can understand the need for handouts for a simple PPT I never am able to translate a good engaging and interactive eLearning course into static prints. I understand that you don't want an interactive pdf, but a pure digital print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lieve has told you, Captivate does not offer this specific functionality, and I don't believe it ever will.

It does give you the option to generate a handout document that can show a screenshot of each slide with voiceover text below.  You might find that if you published such a document and cleaned it up somewhat, then converted it to PDF, you could then offer this as a downloadable file at some point in the course.  But it's certainly not going to be "dynamically pulling content from the course" and generating a PDF on-the-fly at run-time for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks RodWard! This indeed is the original approach which we had suggested. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri! This helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources