Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Handouts and Multistate objects

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a lot of slides with multistate objects forming carousels and I am looking for a way to show these when printing handouts to Word,

The multistate slides should looks like this in a carasel 

arthurb54255562_0-1602132717945.pngarthurb54255562_1-1602132816548.png

and when Printing to handouts only  the first state is shown and any hidden objects are also shown

arthurb54255562_2-1602133598295.png

I am using the following setting

arthurb54255562_3-1602133781019.png

any advice would be welcome

Thanks Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow on from above, once Slides are printed to Handouts in Word, I have then created a PDF from the Word file and have found the header in Word is changed from my course title to "Adobe Captivate", Can anybody explain what is going on! Images Below

arthurb54255562_0-1602134844360.png

arthurb54255562_1-1602134926163.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is an eLearning authoring tool, not a presentation tool. For a presentation Handouts can be necessary (you could also deliver a self-running presentation), but for eLearning I find this a strange requirement, since you just eed to give the URL of the uploaded course.

To give an answer to your question, there is NO easy way, and have no idea when this eventually would be available. Since I use Captivate instead of Powerpoint for presentations about Captivate, it has happened that they require handouts (I prefer a recording  or the interactive version). In that case I use an InDesign template, where I can have duplicate versions of slides with multistate objects. That can be a long, cumbersome process but at least ID can lead to a much better professional result than Word.

Sorry, this is not the expected answer. That is the reason of my first alinea. Do you really need handouts, because they'll never reproduce what you meant to do with those objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lily

Yes unfortunately that course is produce for a heavily regulated industry and they will need it for back ground documentation, it will never be used for eLearning. Sounds like we will have to do this manually.

In an ideal world Captivate would export straight to PDF, as I can imagine that this would help with many scenoio for development and review.

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A static pdf is mere a print, with same issues as a Word document. 

There was an ideal world before Apple slaughtered Flash Player. Captivate could export to an INTERACTIVE pdf, which could be used standalone without needing access to an internet connection. Just FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources