• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem after deleting temp files

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a project for two month. Today I deleted the tempfiles, cach and restored the preferenses from the utility folder.

When I then opened the project there is a bunch of problem:
- All textobjects where hidden. I have to click on each object for the text to bi vissible.
-When I preview using F11 (I am using javascript) captivate craches adn error message about cpPainters.ddl pops up.
-And now I cant even open the project no more all of a sudden.

I guess I have deleted something i shouldnt.
Any one knows what I can do now?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you don't have a backup file neither? Which version are you using, backup is turned on by default only in the most recent version 11.5.1

Moreover check the default paths under Preferences, General settings. I hope they are pointing to two different folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use captivate 9 so no backup.
I tried to open it in 2019 version. same problem. So some problem in the file.
What do you mean with the preferens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on Backup in older versions under Preferences, General settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I found out that there was a slide that created the problems. Deleted that slide but now when I save the project to a backup file. Captivate crashes when trying to open it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the problem. Hide slides until I found the one who caused the problem. Delted that one. Had to copy all the other slides to another emtpy project and save it from their. Then it worked. Love the logic in captivate: /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, missed your last question, this new forum platform is sometimes very frustating.

That would have been my recommendation for the workflow to find the corrupt slide....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources