• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem downloading assets in new 11.5.0 version

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loving a lot of the features in the new update, but I'm running into an issue when trying to download new character assets. I can browse the characters just fine, but after I click the download button, everything freezes on this screen. I am locked out from any other Captivate functions, and after waiting for 20 minutes, the issue doesn't resolve. I have to force quit the application to proceed. Does anyone have thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

TOPICS
Download assets , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Hi,

Please clear your Content folder and Character_11_5 folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\ Content

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Character_11_5

Clear your preferences :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils\CleanPreferencesWin.bat and relaunch captivate.

Please write to me at cmb@adobe.com if thr issue still persists.

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please clear your Content folder and Character_11_5 folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\ Content

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Character_11_5

Clear your preferences :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils\CleanPreferencesWin.bat and relaunch captivate.

Please write to me at cmb@adobe.com if thr issue still persists.

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charu,

I am having the same problem as the orginal poster. I tried the steps that you outlined for that question but I still cannot download any characters from the "Discover" tab. I get the blank download window with the "Cancel" button. I can see that it has downloaded the file to the temporary file location under the session number but the PNG file is never moved to any Captivate asset folder. I simplay cannot get the characters from eLearning Brothers to Captivate 2019 11.5.

What else can be done?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am assuming this is because Character_11_5 folder is not getting created after downloading character/s from Discover tab. Please verify this.

If the folder is missing, please create the folder manually and try downloading the character. Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That folder was created. It was, however, marked as "Read Only." I suspect that is wrong. I removed that restriction and the problem remains.

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate the effort.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have spoken too soon.

I was going to delete the existing folder and recreate it according to your instructions but forgot to do so before responding. I deleted the folder and recreated it manually and the process went to completion. Now, to see if I can access those downloaded assets.

Again, many thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem as the original poster. I also get a blank download screen, however Captivate doesn't freeze - I can click on cancel and return to Captivate, but the download window itself always stays empty. I have attempted all the steps suggested in this thread and am still having the same issue..

When I use the license on a Mac it works, the issue occurs only on a Windows 10 machine.

Is there any other steps I can try?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the most recent version which is 11.5.1.499?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charu,

I am having the same issue with downloading assets. I saw your response to the original post but I'm confused. Do I need to delete everything that is in the Content and Character_11_5 folders including all sub folders? Or do I need to go into each subfolder and delete everything in them? Also, by clearing these folders, am I going to lose access to all of the content (audio files, icons, buttons, themes, etc.) that are contained in these folders?

I just want to know exactly what I'm doing before I just start deleting things.

Thanks!

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the exact same problem and tried the answer given by Charushee_MB, but unfortunatelly it does not work.

So my issue remains. 

Are there some other tricks to try? 

Thanks

A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Adobe Captivate Assets version and you need a folder for that one.

I install Captivate 11.5 but package comes with assetes 11.0

so i have to create 2 folders in following path: c:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\

Interactions_11_0

Characters_11_0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the directions worked for me 10/13/2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

I have a question about clearing the contents.  I want to be sure about how I am to clear the contents.  When I get to each of the folders like the Content folder under Assets folder do I delete everything in that folder? Or what's in the folders. Then go to Character_11_5 and delete everything in that folder?  And so on.  

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources