Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem loader on video

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have a problem with video in captivate.
when a video dont start from the begening of  a slide,  a grey screen and  loader  appear when i play the slide.

Is there a solution for this ?

capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video has to be loaded. Are you using event video or synchronized video? Which version, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the version Captivate 2017.
I only put the video on the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to use several  small video during my presentation. But dont want to see this loader during the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but video files are large. If you embed them (streaming video could be a solution) they have to be loaded. All depends also on the bandwidth and used devices of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem appear  only on Edge navigator not whith Chrome, IE or firefox.

Is not a problem of size my video  is only 169 Ko!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you publishing to SWF? Edge browser doesn't support Flash content anymore, contrary to the other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i publish in html5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, have no idea why this is happening only on Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank's for your answers, i'm just sad for my client, this is the second problem with captivate without solution.

The first one was :

Sound mute restart sometime when changing slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that I cannot reproduce your problems myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i would like try with captivate 2019 but impossible to launch it without crash, i think i m not Lucky whith this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the file size of the video. Also, check the bit rate. When you encode your video for publishing make sure you choose settings that are appropriate for delivery over the internet. So often people publish their videos only thinking about getting the best quality instead of thinking about optimizing for fast delivery. I would rather have a lower resolution and lower bitrate video that starts right away then have my learners sitting there waiting for what seems like forever for a video to start.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...

When it's HTML5 and MP4-files there is not much you can do about the buffering/preloading issue. In the future I hope Adobe will take a look at Media Source Extensions.

I would recommend, that you host your video files on a CDN and then embed them into your slides.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for your  answers but  Is not a problem of size. The problem is just with captivate and Edge.

After three month I think than captivate is not the best Adobe application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is Adobe's unique eLearning authoring tool.  Since this only happens in Edge, why do you blame Captivate and not that browser?  Did you check the setup of Edge? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that customer do not have to be to oblige to modify the configuration of their browser.

ok possible is not an Adobe problem … sorry  but my impossible instalation of captivate 2019 without crash is probably an adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources