Highlighted

Problem loader on video

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have a problem with video in captivate.
when a video dont start from the begening of  a slide,  a grey screen and  loader  appear when i play the slide.

Is there a solution for this ?

capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem loader on video

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have a problem with video in captivate.
when a video dont start from the begening of  a slide,  a grey screen and  loader  appear when i play the slide.

Is there a solution for this ?

capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video has to be loaded. Are you using event video or synchronized video? Which version, please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the version Captivate 2017.
I only put the video on the slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to use several  small video during my presentation. But dont want to see this loader during the presentation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but video files are large. If you embed them (streaming video could be a solution) they have to be loaded. All depends also on the bandwidth and used devices of course.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem appear  only on Edge navigator not whith Chrome, IE or firefox.

Is not a problem of size my video  is only 169 Ko!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you publishing to SWF? Edge browser doesn't support Flash content anymore, contrary to the other browsers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i publish in html5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, have no idea why this is happening only on Edge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank's for your answers, i'm just sad for my client, this is the second problem with captivate without solution.

The first one was :

Sound mute restart sometime when changing slide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that I cannot reproduce your problems myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i would like try with captivate 2019 but impossible to launch it without crash, i think i m not Lucky whith this product.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the file size of the video. Also, check the bit rate. When you encode your video for publishing make sure you choose settings that are appropriate for delivery over the internet. So often people publish their videos only thinking about getting the best quality instead of thinking about optimizing for fast delivery. I would rather have a lower resolution and lower bitrate video that starts right away then have my learners sitting there waiting for what seems like forever for a video to start.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2018 0