Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem to publish projects in HTML 5 after update MacOSX

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

I´m using Captivate 9 (9.0.2.437) on my Mac. After update to MacOS Mojave a few weeks ago, i have problems to publish my projects to HTML5. After publishing on my local machine and on my webserver there is only the loading spinnig wheel. Before the update the projects worked fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Karsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karsten,

One tip as a workaround:  If not needed, maybe turn off the play bar in the skin editor and add button navigations to the stage of your project.

Check out this information:

The JSON file format in the HTML5 output may be the issue.  I recently posted the article Adobe Captivate 2019 vs. SharePoint: The Issue is real.  

In this article, I discuss JSON file format and the issues it has caused in uploading Adobe Captivate projects to Sharepoint.  Read this article because the same issue can occur in web servers that are not configured to process the JSON file format.  Basically, any Adobe Captivate version before the update to 9.0.2.437 does not contain JSON file format.  Any version after the 9.0.2.437 update contains JSON file format.  

If this the case, you may want to consider configuring your web server to allow JSON file format. 

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the similar issue, but in the worse way, because not even show any objetc using a single slide.

Using your advice about turning off the navigation bar, problem was solved.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, i think.

I am running 10.0.0.192 on my iMac with Mojave and recently everytime I publish a course the playbar does not display properly. Regardless of captivate file/version it publishes incorrectly. I can turn the playbar off, and it loads fine. But if I turn it on, using ANY template or settings, the buttons change (per the settings/template) but the bar is not displaying properly. [2018-12-17_2025]

I figured something in my preferences went wonky, so I tried to reset defaults. No dice. I tried to uninstall and reinstall. No dice. I then decided to try to install onto my laptop instead (Mac OS High Sierra) and viola! Publishing just fine.

So I think there might be something weird with my current install and Mojave? To be transparent, I am NOT 100% sure I was able to publish properly after my update to Mojave or not, I do not think I have published a course since the update. So this might be something else, but I am confident right now it is my Captivate Version + Mojave that is the culprit.

PS - the projects that i published ok from my laptop were just copied and pasted project files from my desktop, so only difference is the publishing environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to 10.0.1.285. Test again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously tried to update and believed it was complete. At some point in my uninstall and reinstall saga this was NOT done. A clean install and update and my publishing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources