Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Adobe Captivate Prime - Videos not playing

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Wondering if you can provide some advice.  I have created a series of eLearning projects and uploaded them to Adobe Captivate Prime for a course for nursing leadership.  It worked fine for the first six or so customers, but now I'm getting feedback from every customer that when they try to play the videos that formulate part of the eLearning program, it plays for about 60 seconds then stops (each video is between 3:00 and 10:00 minutes long).  

I've tried to contact Adobe Support but over the Christmas period, I've had no response - quite annoying considering I'm paying for a service and my customers are irritated and frustrated but I can't progress the issue.  Any suggestions about how either to (a) fix it; or (b) alternatives to hosting the projects online for customers?

Thanks

Nicole

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test whether the issue is with the LMS or with your content, first upload the same SCORM zip package to SCORM Cloud and invite a dozen or so test users to try it out there.  (This won't cost you any money unless your course is large and exceeds the maximum megabytes limit for free course testing.)

If SCORM Cloud does not demonstrate the same issue, then the problem is most likely with your LMS (i.e. Captivate Prime).  I would suggest you find out whether or not there is some kind of bandwidth usage limit that might be kicking in after a given number of users have accessed your content.  Videos that are 10 minutes in length could be over 100 megabytes in size.  If you have several of these videos in a single project, the usage would add up quite quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicole, did you try to post the question also in the Prime forum? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources