Highlighted

Problem with 'Error Occurred while generating Text to Speech Audio for ....' in Adobe captivate 2017 (Release)

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am now working on 'adobe captivate 2017(64bit)' in Window 10. 

Everything is working alright except tts generation... I received a complete captivate file(including speech) and tried to edit the script, but every time I tried to change it that 'Error occurred while~' message keeps coming up. The complete file was also made through same program(Adobe captivate 2017 64bit). There aren't any punctuations in the script and it can still play the voice of the original file.

I even tried it on a blank captivate file and just typed 'hello' and 'hello.' but it still didn't work. All the voices I have are not working.

I am desperate for help! ㅠㅠ 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with 'Error Occurred while generating Text to Speech Audio for ....' in Adobe captivate 2017 (Release)

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am now working on 'adobe captivate 2017(64bit)' in Window 10. 

Everything is working alright except tts generation... I received a complete captivate file(including speech) and tried to edit the script, but every time I tried to change it that 'Error occurred while~' message keeps coming up. The complete file was also made through same program(Adobe captivate 2017 64bit). There aren't any punctuations in the script and it can still play the voice of the original file.

I even tried it on a blank captivate file and just typed 'hello' and 'hello.' but it still didn't work. All the voices I have are not working.

I am desperate for help! ㅠㅠ 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the exact version number, should be 10.0.1.285.

Were the NeoSpeech voices installed for this version? Did you have a previous version of CP installed?  If yes, did you Clean the Preferences when installing this version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 10.0.1.285. as you said.

I used NeoSpeech voices 2017 and I am not sure this is the right version.

If this is the previous version, where can I install new version and how do I clean the preferences? 

Thanks for fast reply!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didin't have an older version it should be OK.

CleanPreferences: look in the installation folder for the subfolder 'utils' and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS.

Forgot to ask: if you are on Win, do you run Captivate As Administrator (which is not the same as just having Admininstrator rights).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted all the programs and reinstalled them.(Captivate version 10.0.1.285 and Adobe Captivate Voiced 2017)

then I ran Captivate as administrator but still have the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling will not clean preferences. Did you read y previous answer please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry!

Yes I'd cleaned preferences and reinstalled it! but still have a problem....

I really appreciate you for helping me like this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange error. You cleared cache as well? It is not the project that is corrupt, because you have the same problem with a new project. Clearing preferences should have solved eventual corruptness of the Captivate.  Do you start TTS from the Slide Notes panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group