Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Installation of Captivate2019 on Win10

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm not able to get the insallation of Captvate2019 done on Win10.

As soon as I started the Setup and loged into my acount the screen just wents "white" and freezes.
I see in the TaskManager that it's still active but literally doing nothing. (I waited 2h).
I'm sitting behind a Proxy, have admin-rights, and unfortunately cannot deactivate some programs, as mentioned in the docs, because of restrictions in our Company.

Perhaps someone has an idea or had same issues.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to log into the Adobe website with your Adobe ID?  It could be that the installation will not complete until it can confirm your licensing details with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can. Perhaps it's the proxy blocking the connection out of the setup program. But I'm not abl to disable it.
Is there another way to install the app or changing something in the settings of the setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the installation of Captivate2017 works just fine on the same system!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to get your IT department involved in this.  It may be that something in their SOE is blocking the installation of some component that Captivate 2019 needs.  Perhaps the latest version of some Microsoft runtime.  Only by examining the failed installation log will they be able to tell what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me we're the installation log is locatd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate 2019 installed on a Windows 7 computer.  The install.log is located at:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers.

Update:  I checked a Windows 10 computer, having Captivate 2019 installed, the install.log is located at:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers.

Appears to be same location for Windows 7 and 10. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this ever resolved as I am having same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources