• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with streaming video / embed codes

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my course owners requested some minor updates to a course file that contains web objects that stream in video from an IBM streaming service (formerly UStream; if not currently).  I made the changes (all text updates and added one slide at the end with just text on it).  Now my web objects won't play the videos.

I didn't make any adjustments at all to the web objects and the videos in the course that is currently posted to my LMS are running just fine.  Both files were built with Captivate release 2019, but I don't know what version was used to build the course that's on the LMS now ...I'm using version 11.5.1.499 for the one I'm having the issues with.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

v/r

Jay

P.S. Something I forgot to mention...maybe it's part of this.  The web object starts out hidden and is shown only after the learner selects the right button.  

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

OK...I figured it out.  I had an issue with a previous course whereas I needed an HTML5 animation to run behind other objects on the slide, but the default in Captivate is for these animations and Web Objects to the top of the stack, regardless of where the are in the timeline.  This is controlled by the UseWidget7 option (default =0) in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file.  So, I'd changed this value to =1 so that my animation would run behind the objects on the screen, but doing so also means you can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...I figured it out.  I had an issue with a previous course whereas I needed an HTML5 animation to run behind other objects on the slide, but the default in Captivate is for these animations and Web Objects to the top of the stack, regardless of where the are in the timeline.  This is controlled by the UseWidget7 option (default =0) in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file.  So, I'd changed this value to =1 so that my animation would run behind the objects on the screen, but doing so also means you can no longer interact with these animations or web objects.  So, I just set UseWidget=0 again and my web objects work now.  I'll end up just toggling this option back and forth as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the explanation of the solution. I will lock this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources